[support] support Digest, Vol 120, Issue 36

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Dec 22 07:44:58 UTC 2012

On 12/22/2012 10:42 AM, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
> I simply use the command in my shell (cp -r /var/www/drupal ~/DATA)
> and backed up databse using mysqldump
>
> now after reinstalling my OS I just copied my drupl site to same place in
> /var/www
> and I set
> chown www-data:www-data /var/www/drupal/sites/default/setting.php
> chown www-data:www-data /var/www/drupal/sites/default/files
>
> and restored mysql database properly with same name.
> setting.php is correct
>
> but when I am openinghttp://localhost/drupal  its showing blank page
> please tell me where I am wrong? and what went wrong?
> is it happening because of chache and clean url?
You need to copy the database settings from settings.php into a text file,
go into /settings.php and delete the database settings, line 203, next
15 lines.
do an install by copy and pasting the user name and password into the
"new install" from the text file.
Go through the install process and it will find the database and the
site should run as normal
Also check that your files have the correct ownerships.
Roger