[support] drupal upgrades? automated?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 4 19:43:56 UTC 2012

Automatic updates also open up other security issues, which can impact a
much larger segment of Drupal sites than sites that don't upgrade.
Here's a perfect example of that:

https://wpsecurity.net/wordpress-repository-hacked/

There are ups and downs to both sides of the arguments. IMHO if this
ever became of Drupal it should either be optional or (even better) a
contrib module. You can upgrade via Drush, but not everyone has shell
access on their hosting, so that isn't a real solution.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net