[support] drupal upgrades? automated?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Feb 6 00:27:27 UTC 2012

Quoting Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org>:

  snip!

>> still in place? So for
>> example, how many sites are running D6 say?
>>
>> Dave
>>
> With drush, once you have your backup, you just need to execute
>
> drush up
>
> and drush will install the core & module updates, then run the update
> script. This is pretty close to a "just push the button", the only
> difference is it is a shell command not a control on a web site page.

thanks. I didn't know that but will study up.

> As to usage information of old/outdate versions. Drupal actual does
> gather some of this information with the update module and it can be
> seen at http://drupal.org/project/usage/drupal

thanks again, I'll dig in.

> Now, as to looking down on D6 installs, D6 is still actively maintained,
> so just running D6 isn't a security risk, and there are good reasons to
> not migrate a working site from D6 to D7 just to be "current" (not all
> the modules are updated yet for one).i

not intending to look down, just concerned about security issues. Glad
to hear about active maintenance.

Dave

> --
> Richard Damon

It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the
bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be
true...life among bumblebees must bear a remarkable resemblance to
life in the United States.

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of
Countervailing Power