[support] css files

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Feb 10 22:30:26 UTC 2012

Roger,

You never need to touch or inspect the files in default/files/css. Ever.
They are not part of the development process. Leave them alone and forget
about them.

Whenever you are doing any development at all, css compression MUST be
turned *off*:

In Drupal 6 it is set at: admin/settings/performance
In Drupal 7 it is set at: admin/config/development/performance

In short:

   1. Look in theme .info to see last css file called
   2. Turn off css compression
   3. Add css to last css file called
   4. Clear drupal caches (you may need to clear browser cache in some
   cases, especially with Chrome)
   5. Test
   6. Repeat 3,4, and 5 until satisfied.
   7. Turn css compression back on.