[support] D6 and D7 on same server?

Walt Daniels wdlists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:43:34 UTC 2012

A site which is not active only consumes disk space. So the impact is
mostly how much activity you will have on the D7 site. I have multiple test
sites on a shared server (less than a VPS) and it is slow to get paged in
when I start testing, but seems to have no other effect. You might have
memory limits that cause problems. I also sometimes get timeouts that give
nasty messages but a refresh is usually sufficient to get it to do what it
was supposed to do. Cron does consume resources so be careful and don't
make it frequent.