[support] Five star rating

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 21 13:20:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Selvaraj Chnnasamy
<selvaraj at jbkinfotech.com> wrote:
> Five star rating module issues?
>
> I've noticed that there are users on my site that are creating multiple
> accounts just to be able to vote for themselves more than one time: how
> could I prevent this?
> I know I can block the IP with Rules, but then I think they could use a
> proxy or some anonymizer to access from different IP's: how do you usually
> manage this?

Maybe use the IP to block the voting for the same object more than
once.  I wouldn't block the IP for other reason.  As you say proxy
anonymizer would allow the user to get around the IP block.  You'll
want to make sure you have history of IP and uid so that you can find
if the uid is accessing from more than one IP.

--
Earnie