[support] AJAX and save error in views 3 (Drupal 7)

Raghava Mutharaju m.vijayaraghava at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:23:07 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I have already posted this issue at http://drupal.org/node/1450792, trying
to catch the attention of more people by repeating it here. Apologies for
multiple posts.

I have upgraded my drupal website from version 6 to 7 (db and themes as of
now). When I click on some of the views, I get a popup with the following
message

*An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 200
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: OK
ResponseText:
Fatal error: Call to a member function is_defaulted() on a non-object in
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/swj/sites/all/modules/views/includes/handlers.inc
on line 212*

When I ignore the above message and save the view (after adding a field), I
get the following message on a white page

*Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::save_row() in
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/swj/sites/all/modules/views/includes/view.inc
on line 1632
*
I think the above fatal error message could be because of the AJAX error. I
get the AJAX error whenever I try to add a field, modify page settings or
update preview.

 for the "Fatal save error", the following is the log message

*Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$display_plugin in
view->init_display() (line 320 of
/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/swj/sites/all/modules/views/includes/view.inc)
*

I have installed the latest stable versions of views, ctools and also ran
update.php

Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raghava.