[support] Where is the content?

Ursula Pieper dramamezzo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:15:50 UTC 2012

Hi Tony,

Yes, the content indeed resides in the database, at least mostly.
Image files/etc. are stored in the public files folder
(sites/default/files or sites/example.com/files by default, look in
https://example.com/admin/config/media/file-system for your settings).
So you'd also have to copy those files. However, you should already
see your imported nodes after importing the (correct!) database.

You can find the name of the database in
sites/default/settings.php or
sites/example.com/settings.php (depending on your configuration, look
for the $databases array)

Even if the menu doesn't work, you should see your content in
https://example.com/admin/content
(or http, if you don't have ssl configured)

Good luck! Ursula