[support] 2D structured content through CCK

adept techlists - kazar techlists at ade.pt
Mon Jan 9 00:12:50 UTC 2012

On 1/3/12 3:59 AM, Amit Sethi wrote:
> Sorry I have just started to use and understand drupal
>
> Is it possible to have 2d structuring of content with drupal. What I
> mean is there are two ways in which content can described . So all
> content is divided into one
> major structure
>
> A   B and C
>
> and A has a minor structure  x , y z
> and B has i,jk
>
> I need to able to do some kind of rendering in both , Can one do that
> through drupal.

Hi Amit -- Yes you can do that. You should have a look at the
documenation about Taxonomy. It looks like it might work for you to
create three "Vocabularies" for A, B and C, and within Vocabulary A, for
instance, add "Terms" x, y and z. Within Vocabulary B, add Terms i, j and k.

Tags can also be used for categorizing and recalling content, across all
vocabularies.

This is all very abstract so you may end up approaching it in some other
way for it seems there are always several answers to any question about
how to do something with Drupal. But on a conceptual level, sure, you
can create the sort of hierarchical categorization you describe.

hope that helps,

kazar