[support] How to disable the menu cache on Drupal 7

DTH david at hartster.org
Thu Jan 12 13:05:14 UTC 2012

I'm developing a custom module. This means adding lots of things via
hook_menu. Every time I add a new menu item, I need to clear all
caches via the Performance page. Is there anyway to prevent this data
being cached in the first place?

This is what's currently in my settings.php file:

if (!class_exists('DrupalFakeCache')) {
  $conf['cache_backends'][] = 'includes/cache-install.inc';
}
// Default to throwing away cache data
$conf['cache_default_class'] = 'DrupalFakeCache';
// Rely on the DB cache for form caching - otherwise forms fail.
$conf['cache_class_cache_form'] = 'DrupalDatabaseCache';

Anything else I can do to easily clear/rebuild the menu automatically
during development?