[support] content provider role?

Warren Vail warren at vailtech.net
Sat Jan 14 02:30:26 UTC 2012

Roles are most frequently used to control access to capabilities, and fail
to consider that sometimes you want to control access to subsets of data,
for example you may want to create the equivalent of a role that can edit
articles on one subject versus another (both have the ability to edit
articles, but each on their own subset of the article data.

I would love to find a module that would allow me to tie access permission
to a collection of taxonomies, article categories, as an example.  Failing
to find such a thing, I have begun rolling my own.  Is there something that
would handle this?

Warren Vail