[support] [solved] Re: content provider role?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Jan 14 03:33:05 UTC 2012

Quoting Warren Keuffel <wkeuffel at gmail.com>:

> This is a strength and commonly-used feature of Drupal. First, you
> need to create a "Role" for your sub-editor (found under Admin >
> People). Once that role is created, you can give that role the
> permissions you want via Admin > People > Permissions. To take a
> simple example using the "Article" content type, create the role and
> then go to permissions and give that role the ability to perform
> some tasks but not others on Articles. The same process works on
> content types that you create.
>
> -WK

excellent! perfect! exactly what I wanted. And looking at all the
other permissions makes it clear how fine-tuned this can be. Thanks
very much!

Dave

> On Jan 13, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use Drupal as a newbie and want to create a user type
>> called content provider. Basically I want folks to be sub-editors on
>> the site, so they can add content and edit it, but without being
>> administrators. Is there something I'm missing in thinking that this
>> needs an add-on? Can I do this straight out of the box?
>>
>> References welcome.
>>
>> Dave

It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the
bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be
true...life among bumblebees must bear a remarkable resemblance to
life in the United States.

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of
Countervailing Power