[support] main menu -> secondary menu

Bert Van Kets mailing at vankets.com
Mon Jan 16 06:53:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

here's a problem I have been struggling with for some time now: how do
you keep the main menu item selected when a child item in the secondary
menu is selected?

Here's the setup:
- Drupal 7.10
- menu_block 7.x-2.2 module

I have selected the main menu for the main menu items below the header.
I created a menu block using the 2d level items below the selected main
menu item and put that menu in the left side bar.
How can I keep the main item selected when any child element is clicked?

Sample site:
- main item clicked and main item selected:
http://dream-models.com/test/node/2
- sub item selected, main item not selected:
http://dream-models.com/test/content/radds-school-rotary-flight

Do you know of any way to keep the main menu item selected?

Thanks

Bert