[support] Dates view and module not displaying selected date/s

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 18 09:10:14 UTC 2012

Need help please.
I have 'repeating dates' in an events content type.

A view shows all of the dates in either line or column.

What filter/s should I use to display only the date nearest a month
selected from an Exposed select list.

I've experimented with everything in views and a search on Dates shows:
Content Filters shows:

Content: Event Dates (field_event_c_dates:delta)
Content: Event Dates (field_event_c_dates:rrule)
Content: Event Dates - start date (field_event_c_dates)
Content: Event Dates - end date (field_event_c_dates:value2)

rrule and delta seem to cancel out the display, startdate and end date
are useless when I need a date somewhere between.

-I have exposed each as a select but they do not alter the display.
-When a user selects Year and Month I need the view to display only
events for that year and month
I'm lost in trying to understand how to get the view to behave.

-I have cloned calendar view but  Advanced> Contextural Filters  shows
Date:Date(node) (Content:Updated date)
Sort Criteria shows Content: Updated date (asc)
If either or both are deleted the calendar disappears.

I changed Contextural Filters to Date: Date (node) (Date: Date (node))
<http://eck-live.test-d7.net/admin/structure/views/nojs/config-item/aaaaaa_calendar/page_1/argument/date_argument>

  and get error: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column
'node.date_filter' in 'where clause' with the calendar showing only
today's date, otherwise blank.

All modules are current versions and I'm using Drupal 7.10 latest update.
Can someone shed some light on how I can fix this problem please

Thanks in advance
Roger