[support] D7/Views/Pathauto: Parent menu link not active

Florian Auer lists at floeschie.org
Thu Jan 19 11:09:57 UTC 2012

Hi guys!

I need some help regarding the Drupal 7 menu config and Pathauto:

I want to set up a "News" page which is a View for nodes of content type
"Article". It resides under the URL example.com/news.

Pathauto automatically creates URLs for articles with the following pattern:
news/[node:created:custom:Y-m-d]/[node:title]

The "News" menu item is shown as active (<a class="active" ...) when I access
example.com/news, but as soon as I show a particular news (e. g.
example.com/news/1970-01-01/foobar) the active state disappears.

So basically what I need is this "expanded" behavior based on the URL. As soon
as the URL contains "/news/*", the "News" menu item should get this CSS class
"active". I checked the "Show as expanded" setting option for the "News" menu
link item, but this does not work for nodes which do not have their own menu
link...

Any hints?

--
Cheers!