[support] Google map chart / Google map API / Flash

Kim, Soonho (IFPRI) SOONHO.KIM at cgiar.org
Thu Jan 19 20:19:56 UTC 2012

Dear all;

How are you?

I would like to add Google Geo chart (

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chf=bg,s,EAF7FE&chs=440x220&cht=t&chc
o=FFFFFF,EDF0D4,13390A&chld=KEMGTN&chd=s:Af9&chtm=africa)

implemented with Javascript.

What I want to do is that

*         I am sending a country code (ISO3 code passed by URL) to
Google map API

*         Google map sends back to me the country map and show it into a
page  as a block located in right side bar

You can see here the similar example implemented by Flash.

http://www.hyalina.com/country/ken <http://www.hyalina.com/country/ken>

The page takes the country code (ken) from the URL. Then, it pass to the
Flash and Flash highlighted the country in Green and zooms in the
selected country.

However, the Flash didn't work in Mobile device. So, I would like to
change the map into Google map api.

I already tried to use GMAP+location. But, in some reason, Location+GMap
are not working in my application.

Do you have any idea how to implement?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,