[support] Bulk update of page titles & URL Alias?

Warren Keuffel wkeuffel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:19:01 UTC 2012

Thanks. After doing some research on VBO either it is not what I need or I do not understand how it is used. My understanding of VBO is that it allows you to select a subset of nodes based on some filtering criteria, and then apply the -same- change to a given field each of those selected nodes (or a change based on a pattern template).

What I want to do is build a table/screen of the nodes I am interested in, and then change the Title and URL Alias of each of those selected nodes -- but not to the same value (which is what I understand VBO is used to do).

For example, assume I select 10 nodes, with titles of Title-1, Title 2, etc,. and URLs of /path/title_1, path/title_2, etc.

What I want to be able to do is to change the first node's title to Red, URL to path/blue   and the second node's title to Yellow, and URL to path/green. In other words, the changes are not the same, and are unique to each node and none of them are based on any repeatable pattern.

The tool I need would allow me to type in changes to each of the 10 nodes' titles and URLs on one screen and then update all 10 with one save. Cn I do that with VBO?

Warren