[support] Keeping dev and live site in sync

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Wed Jan 25 21:12:45 UTC 2012

Folks:
Hi. I am pondering the best way to modify and test my site without corrupting my live site. Currently, I ftp all of the files and db tables to my local computer and use MAMP to run my development site. But, since my live site is changing every day from users creating accounts, etc, how should I set this up so that when I upload my development site to the live one, it stays current?

I'm sure this problem has been solved, but ....
Regards,
Bill
William A. Prothero
http://earthednet.org/