[support] Customizing language selection block ?

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jan 26 13:49:45 UTC 2012

Dear all,

my site uses the default language switcher block and I'm happy with
that, i.e. Idon't wish to use e.g. the language switcher drop-down.
However, on a given page of the site in language L, the block has links
for language L itself and for all other languages that have been
enabled.
What I'd like to achieve is that the block only has links for the
available translations of the current page, not for languages the page
has not yet been translated to.
For example, most of the pages on our site, originally written in
french, have been translated to english. But recently we have enabled
Esperanto and almost no page has been translated into that language yet,
however, on all pages, the language switcher menu has an Esperanto link.
And if the site is viewed in french, say, the block includes a link to
French, which seems not very useful to me and I'd lke to get rid of that
link, too.

Any suggestion warmly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherab.