[support] Permissions faults

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 29 03:29:52 UTC 2012

Have a a problem with roles and permissions.

  Roles:
Admininstrator,
Editor,
Reviewer,
Calendar Reviewer,
Page Reviewer,
Page Editor
Calendar Editor.

Users:
Peter = Reviewer
Graeme = Calendar Editor, Editor
Roger = Admin
Fred = Special Page Editor
Sam = Special Page Reviewer

Content types:
Page
Calendar
Special Page
Events
all have -- Workflow select field "Needs work", "Review", "Publish"

Permissions for all editor roles are set to permit edit and delete for
appropriate content types.
Permissions for Reviewers are set to Administer content, and edit  for
appropriate content types.

Log in as Page editor, Graeme, create a page with field set to Review.

I created a view to display the page with path: /page-review with
filters, not published, content:Workflow(=review)

If I log in as graeme or peter and set drupal/?q=page-review in the url
I get Access Denied "You are not authorised to access this page".

Both graeme and peter have roles = editor
Both pages were created as user = graeme

Can someone please talk me through what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance
Roger