[support] Modifying bartik

Alex Schaft alex at schaft.co.za
Mon Jan 30 06:05:32 UTC 2012

I made a small change for an extra logo to the Bartik page.tpl.php file
/themes/bartik/templates. This has the obvious disadvantage when
upgrading say from 7.9 to 7.10 as it gets overwritten.

Is there a way to put a changed file somewhere else so that the change
can get merged with future updates? http://drupal.org/node/190815
mentions copying it to your theme folder. Is this /sites/all/themes? I'm
looking at the suggestions as well, and tried page_node.tpl.php in the
/themes/bartik/templates folder, but that didn't work