[support] was paypal module now civicrm

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:27:16 UTC 2012

> I haven't found suitable install instruction for drupal 7 .

Huh? Google for "civicrm install drupal 7" and the first 3 results are
how to install on Drupal 7.

> I have installed civicrm on my home pc but cannot find where to change the
> currency.
> The recommended:
> http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRMDOC40/CiviCRM+Localisation

On the top of that page is a note:

This documentation refers to an older version of CiviCRM (3.4 / 4.0).
The current stable version is 4.1. Please introduce all documentation
changes and new material here.

The correct page is

http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRMDOC41/CiviCRM+Localisation

but anyhow you are correct that's outdated.

> as with most tutorial sites seems to be drupal 6 oriented and not yet
> updated. There are no Global settings in Drupal 7 other than CKeditor and
> these do not relate to civicrm.

No, it has nothing to do with Drupal 6 or 7. CiviCRM works the exact
Global Settings » Localization" which is wrong, but if you will look
in the Administer menu you will find a Localization Settings option.
In there, there is a Languages, Currency, Locations menu item. I don't
think that's hard--if you read the menus it's actually pretty easy.

But of course the "Administer" menu is the one inside of CiviCRM, not
the Drupal one. You must click on CiviCRM to see this menu.

HTH

Fred