[support] Block users with invalid email

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Tue Jul 17 12:16:27 UTC 2012

Dear drupal users,

I have a site with some 1000 users which is now up for a very long time.
I want to clean-up the user database and delete (or block) all users
with an invalid email.

For this I thought about a script that connects to the mail server of
the entered email address and check with a MAIL FROM/RCPT TO if the
email address is valid.
In case it is not, block or delete the user.

Before I now start to hack a little script for this, is there maybe
already something available, I can use?

Thanks,
Matthias

Rich Cook