[support] Block users with invalid email

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 17 16:38:29 UTC 2012

Email_Verify doesn't handle a bounce though.  It only verifies that
the address is good to begin with; and when I tried it last, had a
rate of false negatives/false positives that I could not live with.
The better way to manage it is to handle the bounces as they come back
to you allowing for the possibility of a good server being down
temporarily so you want to make sure you have a limit count on the
bounces before doing the block.

Earnie

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Take a look at the Email_Verify module.
>
> Nancy
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.

> From: Matthias Fechner
> I have a site with some 1000 users which is now up for a very long time.
> I want to clean-up the user database and delete (or block) all users
> with an invalid email.

Earnie