[support] D7 website timing out - only in Chrome? (Beer or M&M's prize)

Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design Jessica at HaloDigitalDesign.com
Sat Jul 21 06:25:41 UTC 2012

I am testing in IE, Firefox and Safari… everything is loading fine.

In Chrome, it's timing out on the initial page load. I've been beating my head against the screen for 2 days on this one. I have aggregated CSS and JS files, I tried moving the js files to the bottom of the page, I have reduced my image sizes. I loaded Boost and (I think) configured it. It's still timing out. I know it's timing out because I have pored through the posts on Drupal.org and Googled my butt off. Literally. It's sore.  I ran it through YSlow and http://www.webpagetest.org/ and it times out on those as well.

I'm getting desperate. My client went from being pissed to the point of wanting to pull the plug this morning to begging me to please go to sleep 16 hours (and no resolution) later.

I know someone here can shed some light on this. Perhaps I'm too close to the problem? Maybe I'm missing something totally simple.

Help me fix this and I will buy you a beer. Or some m&m's. Whatever floats your boat.

Here's the link.

http://www.chicago3media.com/

Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design
http://halodigitaldesign.com/