[support] emails not being sent by drupal 7

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 26 14:04:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Anthony wrote:
> On remote server it works. Locally nada:
>
> Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem
> persists.
>
> Status message
>
> A welcome message with further instructions has been e-mailed to the new
> user tonyx.

As others have already stated you need to modify your php.ini file and
give it a SMTP server for the mail.  Assuming your host name is
example.com and you have a MX entry for the DNS of mail.example.com
then your SMTP value will be mail.example.com.  The common smtp_port
value is 25.  You also need to set the sendmail_from value to one of
the mail users you have on your bluehost system, for my example
admin at example.com.

--
Earnie