[support] Cron Runs Multiple Times

Steve Edwards killshot91 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:53:06 UTC 2012

I have some code in a module that is supposed to send some email updates on cron run (http://pastebin.com/A4HGAf8c).  The code runs and generates the emails as it should, but the problem is, it runs too many times, and I end up getting 7 emails instead of just one.  I get the same results running cron from drush, the status report page, or a cron job.  I've used a debugger, and I can see it go through the code as it should, but I can't tell why it's being run over and over again.

Can anyone tell why the cron code is running over and over again? I'm using hook_cron_queue_info for the first time, and from what I can tell I have everything defined properly, so I'm not sure what else to look at.

Thanks.

Steve