[support] Create and manage content directly from the database.

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 7 17:23:49 UTC 2012

> You don't want to update the node tables directly.  You would miss out
> on the hook implementations.  You need to create a node object and use
> node_save() to do it.  You could manage this by creating a custom
> module to push and pull the changes to an external DB for the ms
> access entries via a hook_cron implementation.  There may be a module
> already to do this but I don't know.

What are the hook implementations you mention specifically??

If the data tables are all updated correctly will drupal not see it as a
node?

As mentioned we aren't programmers so this seemed like the easier option..

My concern with trying to write something to keep two sets of data
"syncronised" is managing the whole syncronisation process and issues with
changes happening on both sides causing a "split brain" scenario.. If both
access interfaces are editing the same data this is reduced.. No different
to why MySQL replication is not often attempted as master-master because
the sync is not easy to do reliably..