[support] how to make this layout correctly

Gerald Klein jk at zognet.com
Sat Jun 9 12:07:13 UTC 2012

1. Taking the schema you mentioned that is a suggestion, I didn't analyse
the data needs as much as just suggest that if they are correct this is how
you could filter them.
2. The content type is an object in drupal that you create based on a
specific group of data points.
    a. In drupal 7 go to Structure/Content types/ in menu design a content
type, that models your data.

So if you are modeling a show you can create a content type "Show" in that
type you may have a title and description/body that is specific to that
show. Then you can attach vocabularies to that content type in the form of
"Term reference" fields so when you enter the data for that item, you can
add lie a "Show" you then will be able to select from a list of terms for
each vocabulary. "Channel, Guests etc"

Then when you create a view say for "Shows for a given period" say like the
whole day or a given time slot you can use the tags that are connected to
the data item to filter it.

Then for a specific "date" say. You could pass that in the URL which would
be the last filter against the data.

So if you want to pull all shows for like a "Saturday" you would have the
view filtered by all tags involved, then as the "Key" the URL could pass a
"date" as an argument or a NID for a specific listing for a specific date.

I apologize if this is confusing as it covers a lot of subjects that you
may not be familiar with, so create test content type just to look how it
works you will start to understand what I mean. Add some reference fields,
but the vocabularies and terms have to already be created. Now go and enter
some test data and you will see how you can select terms from the different
vocabularies.

Now create a test view based on your new content type. Edit the view, you
will see places for fields and title etc. You can modify these, but the
important part is under "Filter Criteria" Here you will already possible
see a couple of filters. One for published and one for type (your content
type) You want to add a new filter.

Click add, up will come a list of fields from the db. use the filter at the
top to select you reference fields. Click the checkbox on the fields that
match your reference, there will be 2 that match.

Do not select the one that states ":Delta" thats not what we want right
now. Select the other one that matches. Select the "add and configure
filter criteria" button then click dropdown and click "apply and continue"
on the left you will see an "operator column: below that select "is one of"
then on the right in the list select the matching "tags" or "terms" you may
have to select also the checkbox to reduce duplicates in your case as you
have many to many relationships. Click "Apply" This filter will now filter
the main contents of the view by these tags.

Now in real life you up at the top first clone your view as a block and
rename it in the display name attribute with a descriptive name such as
"Saturday Shows" and apply what we have done to that for "Saturday Shows"
then you can load the block into a page on the blocks page. Further
filtering it there by URL for a specific page where Saturday Shows are
listed.

I am not the best writer so take it slow you will get it.

--jerry

Gerald Klein DBA****

ContactMe at geraldklein.com

www.geraldklein.com <http://geraldklein.com/>****

jk at zognet.com****

708-599-0352****

Arch Awesome, Ranger & Vim the coding triple threat.

Linux registered user #548580