[support] Authentication from an external script when using API's??

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 16 15:21:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am attempting to access the Drupal data from an external php script..

I am able to connect to drupal with the following..

//Bootstrap Drupal
$drupal_path = '/var/www';
chdir($drupal_path); //Path to drupal
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = '127.0.0.1';
define('DRUPAL_ROOT', $drupal_path);
require_once './includes/bootstrap.inc';
drupal_bootstrap(DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_FULL);

So that's fine..

Now I am trying to access content that doesn't have anonymous view access
so I need to authenticate the external script somehow..

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what API's I need to use
to authenticate to drupal in order to access the content?

Thanks..