[support] Gone live problem

Anthony tony at tony-mac.com
Mon Jun 18 16:25:22 UTC 2012

Thanks for all the info. As usual the devil is in the detail.  Let me try
to explain exactly what I did.
1. I didn't want to move our email from yahoo so I started asking Bluehost
how to go about doing that. They said and I quote* "Changing your name
servers to Bluehost would interrupt your mail unless you change your MX
records with us to point to Yahoo before you change the nameservers.I went
ahead and made the MX record change on our end, you can change the
nameservers at anytime.*"

They also said (different dude 10 hours later).
*"You can change the hosting of just the website to us by pointing just the
a record of the domain to 66.147.244.79.  This will change the domain but
not the mx entries."*
2. So I changed only the A-Record from yahoo to the ip address mentioned.
Not the NS records on network solutions.
3. Then got the error mentioned. Got to home page but no further. 500
errors.
4. Looked in the .htaccess and saw the line
RewriteBase /~polamor1/
I suspect that this may be wrong and I have to comment this line out but
due to my ignorance can not justify based on logic.

Thanks
Tony

*Anthony Stefan Maciejowski*