[support] How can i enable byte range request?

Thu Jun 21 12:29:46 UTC 2012

On 6/21/12 6:33 AM, Selvaraj Chnnasamy wrote:
> Dear All <http://community.webfaction.com/vote/9424/down/>
> <http://community.webfaction.com/mark_favorite/9424/>
>
> How can i enable byte range request? While pod casting on itunes it
> gives an error message "There is a problem with your feed. Your
> episodes are hosted on a server which doesn't support byte-range
> requests. Enable byte-range requests and try your submission again.".
> Please give me a method to enable byte range request
>

> Regards
>
> Selvaraj.C

byte=range requests are requests to download specified parts of a file.
If you are serving the file directly, then this would be the job of the
web server software. If it is apache, then it should support it, but
there may need to be a flag to enable it, but I though it was enabled by
default.

If you are using Drupal to server the files (they are stored within a
directory that the web server can't directly access, and Drupal is
sending the file after checking permissions, than the Drupal code would
need to be checking the byte range requested, and sending just that
piece. If the core code can't handle it, then someone needs to write a
module to add that ability.

--
Richard Damon