[support] View with one random of the latest 10 posts

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Thu Mar 1 22:44:16 UTC 2012

Well, you can make a view that orders by creation date and shows 10, then, in the .tpl.php for the view (views--view-name_of_view.tpl.php), you can change the display to only show a random element of the array of items.

That's just one way of creating it, though. You could set your block to run php, run the view programmatically (views_get_view(viewname)), and get the info that way, and get a random entry. Of course, that causes some security issues of actually turning on php.

You could get one of the modules that allow you to enter php into the view, and that will do it, too. Or in the footer of the view you could show PHP, and have it get the values and edit them.

I hope that helps.

Joel