[support] How to set flags or language in D7 header ?

stephane parenton stephane at parenton.com
Fri Mar 2 08:59:39 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new with drupal, so my question will probably seem lame, but
as i still haven't found any satisfying answer in the forum or the doc,
i try here... here's the deal :

I have a drupal 7 site (that i haven't installed, but that i must
maintain...) and the site must now be multilingual. Things seems to be
correct regarding prerequisite. The user must choose their language by
clicking on a flag or on a short link like En (for english), Fr (for
french).

I tried to make a block for this, block that i put in the header. (in
this block i put 2 links with <front>?language=xx). The problem with
this, is that the content of this block is not aligned with the text of
the navigation menu. Moreover, if I use images, they are sometimes
above, and sometimes under the navigation menu text depending on the
length of the text menu...

I also tried to add 2 links in the nav menu, but the text becomes too
long and the links are going down, as a second line something like this :

   option1 option 2 option 3
FR   EN

The first line is centered, and the second line is aligned to the left,
and too close to the first line to be nice...

I'd like to have two short text links (FR | EN) at the top left side of
the header, even if it's hard coded.. but don't see where to do it...
can somebody point me to the right zone / file / doc ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Stephane