[support] Testing custom maintenance page without putting the site off-line (D6)

Steve stever at up-south.com
Mon Mar 5 22:57:22 UTC 2012

Use htaccess and you won't affect the rest of your users

Ken Robinson <kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com> wrote:

Is there any way to test a D6 custom maintenance page without putting
the site into maintenance mode?

I've been tasked with creating custom maintenance pages on a D6 site
that is in production and has no development/test server (I know --
bad design, but I wasn't in on the initial design). So now I have to
test these without putting the site into maintenacne mode.

Thanks in advance,

Ken