[support] undefined function field_attach_load() when installing D7.12

Prothero William waprothero at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:40:11 UTC 2012

Folks:
This is very frustrating. I am trying to install a virgin version of Drupal 7.12. I am getting an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function field_attach_load() in /home/sbjazz/public_html/includes/entity.inc on line 320

The line in question is:  (in the entity.inc file)
field_attach_load($this->entityType, $queried_entities)

Apparently, the field_attach_load function doesn't exist.

How should I proceed? Is the installer broken?
I did check that the functio is in: modules/field/field.attach.inc
It is present.

Thanks,
Bill

Prothero William