[support] Please help Modal Forms

Sun Mar 11 13:04:28 UTC 2012

On 3/10/12 8:57 PM, Gerald Klein wrote:
> I guess the fix is just code and not a module, I basically just used
> an Ifram, Jquery and css and it works fine. I just thought I would
> share the procedure. It is not a module just a little code, the
> solution is actually quite simple.
>
> --jerry
The issue is that you can't just have "a little code", the code has to
be somewhere. All code is part of a module or theme (or a library). If
you modified an existing module/theme to insert your code, then you
changes will disappear the next time that module/theme gets an update.
If this is what you did, then the proper step is to submit the fix as a
patch to that module, otherwise you, and everyone who uses what you
provided will need to reapply the hack after every update.

If you just made some small tweaks to a theme, then turning your tweaks
into a sub-theme based on that theme would be the way to go, and
generally not that hard.

If you made changes to a module, you need to either present it as a
patch for the existing module or write it as a new module. I suspect
that you wrote it as a patch to a module (even if not intending it as a
patch but just some code).

--
Richard Damon