[support] Views: sort by arbitrary field value

DTH david at hartster.org
Wed Mar 14 13:07:02 UTC 2012

> From: Ursula Pieper <dramamezzo at gmail.com>
> I think the module you are looking for is nodequeue. You can choose
> which content types to add to a nodequeue, and a view is automatically
> created.

Thanks Ursula; I'd looked at the project page for nodequeue very
briefly, and I had assumed you could only add nodes to it, not entity
bundles like content types. I'll download it and have a further look.

As it stands, for now, I've gone down the route suggested by Joel with
an array containing the content type machine names in the order I
wanted them, a view that took an argument of content type, and then
looped through the array, creating individual views before glueing
them together.