[support] Backing out update

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 30 15:35:37 UTC 2012

I cloned a site repository for a Drupal 7.6 site. I then copied working 7.12 core files on top of it. I have not added or committed the changes. I need to go back to the original code. I tried "git revert" and it wanted some more parameters that don't make sense to me. "Git pull" listed all the changes and then said that everything was still on "master" and the site still shows as having 7.12.

Other than redoing the "git clone" is there a "right" way to back out the update?

Nancy