[support] Drupal 7/Zen Theme Question

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue May 1 21:40:25 UTC 2012

Each module may define its own IDs. Many people don't realize that the ID is actually a text field in the database, so they just use a numeric counter, as the Block module does. For the Block module, that's probably the best alternative to avoid duplication. In my modules, I prefer an alpha descriptor (or "delta") as that gives me a reminder of what the block is supposed to do. So, for an example, the Weblinks module could have "block-weblinks-random".

Nancy

> From: Hakan

Thank you Michael, that was helpful. In other words, the block ID is