[support] Drupal 7 OG problem

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed May 2 09:54:24 UTC 2012

I have OG set up and had a couple  of trial groups while learning.
I now have a usable list of groups in Groups Audience from which to
choose but cannot find a way to get rid of the trial group names.

They are not in the database that I can find, I have created views of
content, all the og lists, groups, etc and the names do not display yet
they remain. I have manually searched the database og tables, nothing there.

--I have refreshed and used different browsers, cleared the cache 7
times, Switched Group Audience off and on.
--I have deleted them from Content, I have deleted the content types and
reconstructed them but the list remains in tact.
--I can add new groups to the Group Audience and change the names, these
display as entered but I cannot remove any.
--Note: only the Organic Groups module is turned on, og-ui, og register,
og views integration, og access control were on and used to add fields
but are now off -- All remain active in  Content types and the fields
are available in <Manage Display>.
- og does not display in < Configuration>

og modules are off but still active, this is puzzling!

I'm thinking they must be stored in a javascript file somewhere in the
file system.

I really need help on this one as I am very nervous about having it go
live with faulty selections.

This had got to be a major bug but I have no idea how to tell anyone who
can fix it.
The only way I have found to get rid is to delete the database and
reinstall -- not an option on the site now under construction.
Can someone tell me where to look to fix the problem or how to clean out
the Groups Audience.

thanks in advance
Roger