[support] Node Import from HTML Files

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:17:54 UTC 2012

I have a D7 site--it's now live and doing well and the next step is to
import a large set of staff bios. They are right now stored as PHP
files, in a very organized format. They have these fields:

    Name
    Title
    Bio
    Image

which must be parsed out of the HTML, and for Image, I must actually
of course import the image as an image file. It looks like I would NOT
have to parse the PHP b/c the PHP part is unrelated to the content
items I need. I just need to parse out, for example, in a div with
class="title" there is an H2 with his name and a P with the person's
title.

I think I can an XML parser in PHP to get those items.

My first question is, should I be looking into the Feeds module, the
Migrate module or do this with custom code? Once I get started
hopefully I can finish. :)

Thanks,
Fred