[support] Substr or Drupal_substr?

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Tue May 8 03:48:30 UTC 2012

I believe if drupal provides a wrapper function, why not use it.
Yes, drupal_substr is slower than substr itself with large amount of
information to be processed and with multiple hits on a page, this can
impact the page load time too.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Coder keeps flagging this, so I thought I'd ask about it. Following a
> parse_url() of a URL input from a form, is the use of drupal_substr()
> really necessary, or is a basic substr() adequate?
>
> *Nancy*
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L.
> King, Jr.

Regards,
Vaibhav Jain