[support] Problem with Organic groups

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 12:45:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:
> using Drupal 7.14 all modules updated I had the problem reported last
> week with organic groups trashing  my site.
> Following advice I upgraded OG to 7.x-2.x-dev which may cure some ills
> however it needs to run Migrate.
> Migrate of Upgrade OG membership - 7.2 Re-populate group ID and group
> entity, deprecating the OG group entity Executed but failed
>
> An AJAX HTTP error occurred. HTTP Result Code: 500 Debugging information
> follows. Path: /d7x/batch?render=overlay&id=48&op=do StatusText: Service
> unavailable (with message) ResponseText: EntityMalformedException:
> Missing bundle property on entity of type node. in entity_extract_ids()
> (line 7539 of /var/www/html/d7x/includes/common.inc).

So looking at http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes%21common.inc/function/entity_extract_ids/7
we can see the reason for this error.  And looking at
http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes%21common.inc/function/entity_get_info/7
I can determine that something has implemented a hook_entity_info
without the required 'bundle' array element.  There isn't enough here
to say to which module the hook implementation belongs.

> There are similar error reports on google,not specifically for OG,  but
> no resolution.
>
> Has anyone had similar problem and how was it fixed please.

No, it is module specific so you need to find the broken module.

> I have reported it  but as my report was only the third  and the other 2
> said the problem was fixed I see no way of getting assistance.
> Og cannot be removed without irreversible damage to the database.
> What should be done please.

It sounds as if you've already issued at drupal.org/project/issues/og.
 I also guess from your plea that you've upgraded directly to a live
site without testing first.  Did you do a backup so you can restore?

--
Earnie