[support] PHPMyAdmin access error

Paul Simard paulesimard at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:13:35 UTC 2012

Anthony,

PHPMyadmin is a web application, completely separate from MySQL, Drupal, or
anything other than itself. As such, it has its own configuration data
storage. If you changed the root password using the MySQL client, PHPMyadmin
would be unaware of it.

As a last resort, I'd suggest renaming the password to the previous password
again, then changing it through PHPMyadmin. You should search for the
database connection in the file 'config.inc.php' in the PHPMyadmin root
directory. The section you want is generally within the first 20 lines of
the file. The lines you are searching for are in the

/* Authentication and type info */ block.

You didn't say whether you are using a development stack on your machine, or
a development environment on a server, or a production environment on a
server. This can present difficulties if you cannot access the
config.inc.php file.

Paul