[support] Drupal 6 Menus don't work for me

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Sun May 20 18:37:22 UTC 2012

On 05/20/12 22:34, steeph wrote:
> On 05/20/2012 04:04 PM, John Summerfield wrote:
>> The documentation I followed is this Mike Shannon video:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH23k4dYd5A
> I assume he is using a different theme.

He was using rootcandy. I installed rootcandy and it doesn't display
primary links or secondary links at all.

Other menus are placed into blocks whereas all the numerous themes I've
tried (including the three rootcandy themes) have a checkbox to select
or not select them, and they magically appear wherever the theme writer
thinks fit.

In the case of rootcandy, they are selected, just like all the others,
but as I said, they're invisible.

>> I have now changed Noo's parent to Navigation. There, it expands as
>> expected.
> Right, I guess the other one isn't a drop-down menu.

I've tried all the themes I have installed except for some of the
Zen/JZen themes which seem to be mutually in conflict (enabling all
gives assorted duplicate key errors).

And a few gave rise to security warnings.

I've perused the HTML & CSS generated and the menu module (I didn't find
where HTML is generated) without seeing anything especially
illuminating, but then I'm inexpert in CSS, PHP and barely conversant
with HTML2, so that doesn't say much.

However, I had a look at the data in the table menu_links and that does
make sense and looks wholly consistent with what I expect.