[support] Problem with Contact us form

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Mon May 21 13:20:14 UTC 2012

On 05/17/12 21:11, Afan Pasalic wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a weird situation and have no idea what to do.
>
> On my Drupal 6 Contact form page (the simple one, without any additions)
> , as Categories I put names and in Recipients field their email address.
> As it should be.
> A visitor will select the name, enter question and after the visitor
> submitted the Contact form, email should arrive to selected person's Inbox.
> Though, if I select myself (and email is the one above, the one I use in
> this email) I'll get the contact. But if I use FLast at UKexample.co.uk the
> email/contact will never reach the destination. The email
> FLast at UKexample.co.uk is valid because if I send an email to this email
> by Gmail or any other way - it will get there. Looks like Drupal doesn't
> accept UK email format (.co.uk) :-)
> Any idea how and/or where I can check what's causing the issue?
>
> Thanks,
> aFan

If you have root access to your server, take a look at your mail log
just after you send the email. If it says "sent" it's out of your hands,
though it might tell you where it sent it.

A while ago, I could not use Woolworths' contact form because it require
email addresses to end it .com - not even .net or .com.au as I recall,
let along .id.au as mine does.

Fortunately they also have an investors' website which was not so
stupidly set up.