[support] Howto I removed og, workbench, etc

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri May 25 09:42:03 UTC 2012

Drupal 7.14.
I am happy to report that I believe I may have found a way to get rid of
OG and workbench totally for learning purposes in prep for a fresh install.
Both leave database tables and data and if reinstalled simply find the
old unwanted data.

Here's what I did...
- First did a backup of the site in cPanel compress and the database in
ssh  mysqldump.
- Checked then cleared Reports ->Recent Log Messages.
- Switched off the modules and dependencies in Admin -> Modules.
- Then, and this is very important but not mentioned anywhere that I
could find,  I ran UNINSTALL - the button, top right of the Modules view
screen, select modules to remove, this advises that all data will be
lost. I think it also cleans out the unwanted tables........But it does
not uninstall/remove modules?

- Check Recent Log Messages just in case.
- Next I ran update.php,  then Clear All Caches.
- In cPanel I deleted the modules from sites/all/modules.
- I ran drush cc #1 to flush caches which don't normally flush with the
Drupal Clear Caches.
- I then checked mysql -uadminuser -pmypassword, use mydatabase; show
tables; to check that og and workbench no longer have tables or data.
- Went back to the site as admin, refreshed and all is good, no sign of
og or workbench.
- Did a fresh drupal.tar.gz and mysqldump .sql of the cleaned database.
All Good so far, I hope....

Some may say there is no need to go this extent including flushing
caches over and again, but I have found it to be helpful after reading
some of the comments and issues.

I'm chuffed. Hope this helps someone.
Roger