[support] Character encoding in meta tags

Hakan agents at meddatainc.com
Wed May 30 17:18:20 UTC 2012

I am running a website under Drupal 5 (I believe) and we recently
discovered that non-ASCII characters in the meta keyword and
description tags at the top of each page do not display correctly.
Specifically, the Swedish characters å, ä and ö are displayed as
diamonds with question marks both in Firefox and in Chrome. Note that
the meta tag content-type is set to display the character set as UTF-8
but this does not seem to happen.

How do I correct this? Replacing the characters above with the
equivalents å etc. does not help.

Thanks.