[support] Displaying taxonomy as menus

richard reyes rgreyes.1977 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 01:23:14 UTC 2012

Hi All,

In reference to this:

*The menu/Attachment
I would use Fields (Under Show: Content (change this to fields)).
The field would be Taxonomy term. I'd turn off the auto-link-to-term-page,
turn on the custom link, link to /taxonomy/[term] (or whatever Views lists
on replacement patterns).
Format would be Unformatted list. Then you can style the View to be menu
style using CSS. If that doesn't work, you could create a View of the
Taxonomy Vocabulary, then show all Terms, in the Field Settings, you can
make them Inline with a separator. That would limit it to only one
Vocabulary, though.*

I can't make any of the 2 approach work. If I use the 1st one I get this
a1.png & a2.png and if I change the [format >> show] from fields to
content, everything including the article contents show up.

On this note I will try this: http://drupal.org/project/taxonomy_menu

Any inputs or ideas of a disadvantage of this approach? Both from
structural and me learning Drupal perspective?

Best regards,

Richard